Bacchus is housed in the two chambers built by Grand Master Fra Martino De Redin in between 1657 and 1660 as gunpowder magazines for the main fortified bastion built by him to fortify the Old City of Mdina.
All original features have been retained. Situated in the heart of Mdina, Bacchus has been preparing and serving high quality food since 1975. Upstairs from the restaurant dining area is the Bastion Ballroom styled Le Salon. Outside the Hall lays a beautiful 500 square meter terrace and garden with surrounding medieval Mdina walls. Venue is frequently used for private events, banqueting and wedding receptions. All the catering is carried in-house and a stand-up reception can easily be arranged for in excess of 1,000 guests! The actual size of this incredible property and its gardens equate to approximately one twelfth of the whole City of Mdina.